Thursday, April 28, 2011

A Matter of Professional Pride

Due to my line of work, I always get a secret chuckle when I come across professional writing that is particularly bad.  The best is product literature from a foreign company that opted not to have a fluent English speaker review their materials.  But then a co-worker brought in an especially lovely piece of work from her box of discount tupperware.  The writing on this was not too bad, just a few misspellings and missing words, but the illustrations were, well, beyond description.  Take this one for example:


At first I thought that this must have been created by an engineer (no insult intended to the engineers in my life), but then I flipped the page over and saw this:


Yes, Virginia, there is extra-terrestrial life, and the aliens happen to be interned in a labor camp in North Korea making discount tupperware.

4 comments:

  1. Hilarious!!
    That hand totally creeps me out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. John and I couldn't stop laughing at this! What a horrific illustration!!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent. I can't stop chuckling. Marc's gotta see this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Huh. The extra-terrestrials must be engineers.


    We bought a clearanced fire truck set for Ezra once that was apparently made in China. The box was littered with sayings like "Will give you infinite pleasure." I can't believe we didn't take a picture! HI-larious!

    ReplyDelete